THE NOMINATION TIMELINE HAS CLOSED.
Nomination Forms Now Available
The TACC's Educator of the Year award will honor an educator from the Greater Taunton area who has made significant contributions to their school community, demonstrated a love of learning, and has made an immeasurable impact on students. Members of the community, colleagues, students, and parents may submit nominations. We encourage you to submit your nominations online by filling out the nomination form below.
The Educator of the Year will be honored at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting & Awards event on Thursday, April 27, 2023 at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Taunton. Online registration will be available soon.
Who is eligible to nominate a teacher? YOU are!
We encourage staff members to nominate educators who have been role models for other teachers and students, active in activities, and have played a vital role in developing the curriculum which guides our students and classrooms.
We encourage parents and community members to nominate educators whom they recognize for their outstanding teaching techniques and their love of students and knowledge.
We encourage students to nominate educators who are or have been positive influences in their lives, have made school a “great” place to be, and have shared wonderful experiences with them through the educational process.
Eligibility: Individual educators (not teams) in grades Pre K - 12 in Raynham, Berkley, Dighton and Taunton (including Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School, Bristol County Agricultural High School, Bridgewater-Raynham Regional High School, and Somerset Berkley Regional High School) employed full-time are eligible for nomination. (Educators nominated in the last 5 years are NOT eligible for re-nomination. View list here.)
Criteria: The key factor in nominations is describing the outstanding qualities that make an individual an extraordinary educator. When completing the nomination form, be sure to address the specific criteria presented.
Award: A Selection Committee, comprised of representatives from business and education, will review the nominations and determine the award recipient. The award recipient will be invited to attend the Taunton Area Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Awards event at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Taunton on Thursday, April 27th. Online registration will be available soon.
PLEASE NOTE: The Autobiography MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE NOMINEE online below and submitted to the TACC by the deadline.
Deadline: All nominations must be received by 4:00 p.m. on March 1, 2023.
Consider these points when submitting your nomination
Does the educator…?
Does the educator…?
- Create a love of learning in students of all abilities and backgrounds
- Stimulate thought and provoke dialogue in the classroom
- Challenge students to reach appropriately high standards and expectations
- Understand the needs of students individually and collectively and meet those needs with determination and imagination
- Acknowledge cultural diversity in the classroom
- Interact effectively with parents, students and the community
- Encourage positive self-esteem in students and act as a role model
- Apply appropriate and effective behavioral management strategies
- Measure and evaluate teaching and learning effectiveness on an ongoing basis
- Keep up with current trends in the educational field and technology advancement
- Demonstrate a positive outlook on education and the teaching profession
- Continue professional development
- Demonstrate leadership and foster teamwork among colleagues
- Plan to continue their career in education
- Offer assistance or opportunities for student learning beyond the school day
- Embrace challenges and learn new instructional technologies
2023 Educator of the Year
Tips for completing the Nomination Form
Deadline: March 1, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.